Marais & Smith Chartered Accountants is a registered Training Office. Trainee accountants can be registered for a training contract under the TIPP program and can specialize in the audit function, Trainee Accountants working within our firm gain first-hand experience of our client’s business and the Partners of the firm have a broad knowledge of accountancy and business issues to compliment the mentorship.
Training within our firm has the following advantages:
- Trainees receive personal attention from partners
- Trainees are often key members of the organization, resulting in greater responsibility and authority in a relatively short period of time
- Exposure to clients, at a senior level, comes at an early stage enabling trainees to view the client’s overall business more strategically
- We focus on the development of an entrepreneurial spirit
- Working in a smaller firm often results in greater exposure, increased learning, improved use of initiative and a general improvement in a number of skills.